7.19.2010

TATSURO KIUCHI


I love the work of Japanese artist Tatsuro Kiuchi. He has illustrated childrens books, magazines, comic strips, and even an image-a-day series lasting almost an entire year (for Hikaru Okuizumi's The New Journey to the Center of the Earth). Of course I am drawn to his child's eye, but also his beautiful use of color, landscape, negative space, and his love for animals (when you visit his Flickr page, make sure you watch some video clips of his puppy, Chai). Here are some more favorites of mine -- the first post where I literally cannot decide which images to share, there are so many. I think I'll just post a bunch and hope you're in the mood to scroll. Enjoy exploring more of Kiuchi's great work via his Flickr, Twitter, and official site.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!! thanks for finding and sharing, Sam.....