7.15.2010

HOUSE COMING TO CRITERION


I'm very happy to (finally) announce that on October 26th, Nobuhiko Obayashi's HOUSE will join the pantheon of beloved films released on DVD and Blu-ray by The Criterion Collection! It's been killing me to not be able to talk publicly about this exciting news. This film has come to mean so much to me over the past year, beginning with the Belcourt Theatre's legendary midnight screenings of HOUSE last fall. Now, one year later, I'm working on the package and menus for the Criterion release and seeing my original Belcourt poster design as a Criterion cover. Truly unbelievable. I'm so honored to be involved with this release, which will be welcomed with good company; also coming to Criterion in this October batch are Stanley Kubrick's Paths of Glory, Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Limited, Ingmar Bergman's The Magician, and a new Blu-ray of Kurosawa's The Seven Samurai. What a month! Stay tuned for more and get ready if you have yet to enter.... HOUSE.

No comments: