1.04.2007

Top Ten Movies... Coming Soon

Though I'm sure you're quite listed out by now (there's even a Top Ten Top Tens out there), I assure you my Top Ten Movies of the Year list is well on its way. I wrote this whole spiel about how this year more than ever, all the best movies-- or at least the ones campaigning for awards-- haven't even played outside New York and L.A. But extending my Top Ten post a week or so will allow me to weigh in on some of these contenders and join the party.

So, you can expect my Top Ten, as well as a long list of other mythellaneous honors (I've gotta make it worth your wait), in the next several days.

In the meantime, catch up on the critical consensus with the IndieWire poll (a survey of 107 American critics, picking up where the Village Voice's poll left off), where THE DEATH OF MR. LAZARESCU takes the #1 slot, and Movie City News' chart of crix pix, which has UNITED 93 leading. And, as always, Greencine has daily coverage of all sorts of interesting lists.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

jason.jackowski said...

Samwise.

too soon. too soon.

Sam's Myth said...

No! Too late!

How's that UNITED 93 comin?

jason.jackowski said...

In the words of Luke Skywalker...

Ask me again sometime.